Now that I have completed a full week I figured I shall post a small update for each class.
Japanese: I love Mita sensei's teaching style and it really is too bad that NDSU isn't working with MSUM for language class schedules. I can only make it to half the classes during the week so for the other two days I am self-driven and work with Katrina as a sort of home-teacher. This may seem tricky but I am really enjoying it.
Environmental Design: Faulkner AIA is a pretty fun guy. I think this Design focused art class is more beneficial than the alternative art focused art class. As of now we are just sketching for sketching purposes which is the way most classes go. However, in addition, we also cover design professions and vocab. I definitely smile a bit in each class.
Physics: This class is mainly a broad science class which I enjoy thoroughly. I have been away from science for so long. It was one of my favorite subjects in school and I even thought about pursuing a science career...only I didn't since at the time science seemed to be well against religion. I see now that more often than not the two can co-exist. Plus, I like the way he does his notes. He posts incomplete notes online and then you print them off to complete during class.
Sociology: I loved this class both times that I took it with Patty Corwin. Well, do to times available I had to take it from Leretta Smith. She seems like an alright teacher but she does notes old school. She goes through notes on a power point faster than one can write them down. I was pretty much writing the whole hour and fifteen minutes of class. Since I haven't really been writing that much my hand and forearm was pretty sore by the end. Honestly this easy class may end up being the hardest since it is so tough to get notes. I guess I will just have to really focus on filling in the holes using the textbook.
All and all I don't think this semester should be too difficult, however, I am going to have to really focus since there are quite a few majors in the running to be the final 50-54 to be accepted into the program. I don't even want to think about actual number in the running but all I know is there is quite a few.
Heh, when I went from physics to sociology, I read it as Scientology. Gosh. That would be a weird class!
ReplyDeleteI'd say!
ReplyDelete