For those out there wondering what happened with the motorcycle class...I passed the written and course exam by 100%. I then proceeded to the ID card place to retake the written for the permit and found quickly that you need to answer exactly with what is in the book instead of what would be the best answer. So I am waiting to go in and retake that. Once I pass that permit test and can turn in this little card and get my license.
My bike is still in my garage waiting for the clutch cable to be installed. I was thinking about doing it myself but Trav said he could do it for me. I trust him slightly more with motorcycle repair than I trust myself. As soon as the clutch cable is in I can then set up an appointment to have my gasket cover put in.
I am now officially out of the National Guard. I attended my final drill this last weekend and turned in the gear that was needed. I now have 9 months where I sit on a national call list. Apparently I can avoid the letter for 2 months before they start becoming very persistent. Hopefully I won't have to worry about it. Although, if it happens then it happens and I serve just a little longer. The benefits of being deployed are not too horrible. Plus, with Katrina in the states, we will be able to save more than last time.
School starts soon. Unfortunately, now that I am not attached to my unit I no longer qualify for Federal Tuition Assistance and State Tuition Reimbursement. I do qualify for chapter 33 which still pays 60% of almost everything school related and even housing. So I guess this is the military's way of letting me down gently. Chapter 33 only lasts 3 more years so for the last 2 I will be paying for school like everyone else...with loans.
Work is being work and I am really glad to be going part-time. There is way too much of a mess looming above our heads and they are expecting us to do more than we have the people for. The last few days we have been consistently working 2 hours of overtime and that isn't even including what they expect us all to add into our processes yet. I feel sorry for Justin. He works so hard and he was already fairly worn from installing carpet this last weekend.
Speaking of, a good friend of mine told me that this city steals people's souls and they become very self-centered and money oriented with very little sight for family. After some thought I realize how true that is. At first I thought it was NDSU since I noticed it happening when I first started there in 2004. However, I now see that it is the city and the convenience of it all. Things were so different growing up in the country. Family was important as was the time spent with them. So in honor of regaining some family connection Katrina and I have decided to make Sunday "Family Day". I am pretty excited for this and trying to recapture my heart and soul.
Good Luck all on your upcoming endeavors!
I was so excited to see a post! I'm using your RSS feed now. :D
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the cycle class! Stupid permit tests suck. Shouldn't be a problem now that you know what they want to hear! xD
Sounds like work is being a pain. Try to slack off so that you have plenty of energy for the red eye! Whooooo! I'm getting pretty pumped. It is a dang good idea, sir. A DANG good idea.
Woot! I will be posting times soon on the event page since right now there really isn't any.
ReplyDeleteOh, and kudos for the RSS feed. :)
ReplyDelete