Boy, this weekend was all over the place.
First we will start with my bike. Travis brought his own tools in on Friday and replaced my bad gasket cover for my bike. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to put the clutch cable in because it was a few centimeters short and he tried all he could to get it to work. He suggested I return the cable. So, Saturday I forgot that I didn't have to go into work until 3pm which meant I had a couple extra hours where nothing was planned. That in itself was nice...but back to the bike. I decided to try to return the cable. I went into Wheels Inc. (the Kawasaki dealer) and before I was actually helped one of the older employees thought it would be good to bruise my pride while being completely oblivious to the reason I was there. If my needs would have been met and I didn't actually need something from him I would have caused a little scene. I was just little bit pissed off. Anyways, he eventually told me that the cable they ordered for me had to be the right one since everything on the computer suggests it. The old cable was a generic cable made by united parts where as the new cable is an actual Kawasaki brand. So I told him I would try it myself and if I still couldn't get it I would bring it in Monday (at that time I would engage in revenge for the treatment). Well I wired it through the bike and tried like crazy to get it to work. I tried pretty much all I could think of also with the same outcome as Trav. It seemed like if I had a few more centimeters that I would be able slide the cable over the catch and get it to latch. Luckily, I had Trav's bike in my garage as well so I had something to compare with. After a bit of brain work it finally clicked. I need to disengage the clutch in order to gain that little bit of length that I was required. Only issue was that I didn't have the right tools and the clutch is a pretty tough thing to disengage by hand. So, I grabbed a long handled ratchet wrench and used both hands to pull the clutch towards me. The only issue was that I was too weak to keep the clutch disengaged with one hand. It was as if the only way I could make it work was if I had a third hand. So, I called Katrina for assistance. Boy did that work like a dream. I put on gloves just in case the improper tool slipped. I disengaged the clutch and let Kat know when to slide the cable into place. I pulled away the tool and blamo! The clutch cable was installed. I made sure to test it out by driving to work and both the clutch and myself made it there and back in one piece...each. Positive!
I worked Saturday. Negative!
I ate lunch today with Justin after finding that we were all out of cereal. Positive!?
Katrina called me on her way back from the cities to let me know that she had a flat tire on the car about 162 miles away from Moorhead. Not so Positive!
I didn't accomplish much on my day off but plan on doing dishes before work or tonight while I wait to hear from Kat that all is well. Meh!
Holy clutch cable installation Ba... JustinMan! Sure does sounds like an adventure. Now that it's done, revenge could be had since no more parts are needed. ;)
ReplyDeleteBoo flat tires! Did she change it herself or have someone come out? Why don't we have crazy run flats as the standard yet?!?!
Well, as it turns out my front left turn signal is out. Which is fin for going to work since I make all right turns but not so good for coming home.
ReplyDelete