Thursday, July 7, 2011
The Drama of Drama
It seems that no matter what I do or do not do drama always finds its way to the surface in the Theatre Department. At the end of last semester one of the graduated majors passed me his locker since he just found out I was in the department again. While filming some shots for these weeks YouTube video I thought I would take a peek and find my new locker. I found the one described by the graduate but when I opened the door there was a note inside left by the new owner of the locker. In the note it was mentioned that the previous owner gave it to him and that it was his now. I am fairly certain the the new owner knew not of the previous transfer of ownership and that I was in fact brushed aside by the previous owner even though the proof of transfer is on Facebook. In order to avoid being sucked into drama even more I just sent a message to the new owner saying something to the effect of "it seemed like he gave us both his locker blah blah blah so you can have it" (not actual post). I know things will still be awkward and I wish they never were but it just seems like with this crowd it always takes that turn. Le sigh, at least I will come away from college with at least one friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are lockers a scarce commodity? And you both just happen to have a key for it?
ReplyDeleteYes lockers are a scarce commodity and there are no keys...unless you put a lock on it which no one does. They are usually unlocked so you can ether leave stuff for others or others can leave stuff for you.
ReplyDeleteAt least it seems that college is teaching you to be a better person... My job tests me like that constantly (a store full of just female workers does that I think)... I usually try my best to be the better person but sometimes that even gets turned into drama... None the less, I hear you on how much it sucks!
ReplyDelete