Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ah, Memories

I now know why people say to prepare for an interview.
Will shot some behind the scenes footage of my last video.  During some of the shots he asked me questions.  At the time my answers were not not great or expansive.  In fact, as I do pretty much everyday, while rewinding through my memories I thought of so many better answers or discussions that could have been said.  I may say a couple of them in my next video this week.  I need to talk through things more with myself ahead of time.  These flashes of ideas that I catch are cool images but more often than not do not include dialogue or conversation.  This is partially why the video for the weekend of the 19th will be such an accomplishment to me.  Instead of just bowling it down the alley and hoping to get a strike I actually sat down and not only pieced my visions into a storyboard but also wrote a detailed script including costume list, props list, camera shot list, and even the dialogue to be used.  I am really excited to shoot that video next week.

Now for some random thoughts and updates!

In less than an hour I am going to be going to a walk-through of possibly my new apartment coming this October.  It is a little more expensive than I was hoping for so we will see.  It has a washer-dryer in the apartment, allows cats, and has a decent size balcony (technically speaking...since it is on the first floor and has a walk-out).

I either need to start wearing ankle socks or sandals and no socks.  This is in order to prepare for California.  Currently I wear crew-cut socks and the cloth from the sock actually has worn the hair right off my leg.  If I start letting that area breathe until I leave in October then maybe that hair will group back in and it won't look so awkward.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, it's going to take me a month to edit 20GB of video! Some day it'll be done... some day.

    And don't you dare get hair back on your legs! That'll ruin your look! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 20 gigabytes! That is massive! Good Luck sir. I may leave an annotation on my video mentioning that. I have already had a few people ask me where that footage is.

    Hey, yeah, that could be my distinguishing feature in a crowd on the beach. "Look for the hairy legged man with large patches missing on the front of his legs near his feet." You convinced me. As ridiculous as it looks it is still a good conversation starter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great conversational started is wearing socks with your sandals... I would grow the hair back out but that's my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nose, now I am torn. Do I stay looking silly as a distinguishing mark or do I adjust to blend in a bit more with the population?

    ReplyDelete