Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wake me up when September ends...

Seriously, because I can not take another year of "Remember 9/11".  I honestly dread that phrase and the people that bring it up.  Let me know when a group rises up with the motto "Forget 9/11" or "It is time to show respect and move on" and I will for sure be there.  I am glad that it is a Sunday tomorrow.  That means I can lock myself in my apartment and pretend it is not still occurring beyond my door...until rehearsal.  I really hope no one brings it up at rehearsal.  I think the deeper meaning behind why I feel this way is because of all the "false" patriotism that it spreads.  They call it patriotism but for most of them it is just a sense that arose for their apparent need for vengeance and self-justification at the expense of lives other than their own.  If you can not tell, this day is one of my annual angry/annoyed days and will be until people put history in the history books and leave it there.  I almost totally forgot about it until I saw my Facebook News feed being assaulted with their "I was at [blah blah blah] when [blah blah blah] happened."

4 comments:

  1. I like to think of it as National Who Cares About the 4th Amendment day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how it says that "The Supreme Court has also ruled that certain searches and seizures violated the Fourth Amendment even when a warrant was properly granted."

    ReplyDelete
  3. What said that? I haven't heard that before.

    ReplyDelete