No matter how much I cringe at the thought I cannot disagree with where our future may be going. Many movies put America and China as the two last countries in the future. some movies even put the world as a mixture of the two. Looking at the size and power both possess I can actually see it happening. I would rather have Japan raise up but I know that is unlikely. Maybe I just don't know much about the Chinese government. Maybe my ignorance cause distrust and dislike for the prospect of China and America mixing.
It's a rather commonly mentioned thing, but I personally doubt it will ever happen. China has historically (I'm talking last 1000 years here) been rather isolationist. They've started making some inroads to the international scene, but I think there's still an isolationist attitude for the populous.
ReplyDeleteMore than likely I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised if we get a lot of power plays from China over the next 20 years. After that there'll be a new generation in power. They might have some significantly different ideas.