Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mind

I find myself continually renewing the fascination with the human brain. Thoughts and memories are always on the forefront with me. Recently, I have been thinking about how intriguing it is that I can have such a bad memory when it comes to many things but such a vivid memory when it comes to a few things. Let us look at my education for instance. Out of the 2 years of Spanish the main thing I remember is how to tell someone when my birthday is and ask them when is theirs. I was sitting down this evening thinking about how I will always remember to always sit up erect while speaking to the bowl. My acting teacher told us this is the easiest way to relieve ourselves because the body is then in such a form that everything in the digestive track is in order and in the position to work most efficiently. I even can still remember snippets of memory surrounding a girl that I knew from early high school clear as if I were there. The memories are so vivid I can tell you the look on her face or even what she was wearing. I remember the placement of everything I carefully planned in the room that I designed in which I asked my wife to marry me in. I can remember certain numbers and code just as well. Speaking of, Will, the code I sent you was based on the date I wrote it (date was included). I used what I call an alphabetic origin. T is the origin meaning T=0. The date was January 16, 2010 or 01/16/2010. Each sentence followed the number key given by the date. First one being 0(Origin T=0, Code 0=A), next one being 1 (T=0, 1=A), and so on.

Sometimes I wish that my memory for such things could be applied to others. I wish I could remember how to swing dance, play the piano, or even how to do any of the other skills my mind found unnecessary to keep. Although, then I may not be so fascinated when I relearn something. Each time feeling like a breath has been returned to my very being. I have so many images flashing through my mind from projections I saw in college classed but some remain incomplete. I can still see images of the brain and the different diagrams from my psychology class but I can't tell you what each one was about. Someday I will unlock this door and my brain's potential will reach new heights. I am content with who I am and what is inside this menagerie. I am excited to someday meet my first child and really witness creation of the mind in all its splendor. Hopefully, my children are either half-insane as I am or double. I have not determined which would be better yet. All I know for sure is that I am going to do what I can to be there.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't get that at all! One I noticed it was a one-time pad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_pad) with each line using a different offset, I just kind of brute forced it. :(

    I wouldn't survive at the NSA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, brute forcing works and now you know. You know what knowing is right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half the battle, with the remaining 50% being comprised equally of red lasers and blue lasers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally! Man, now I want to play Lazer Tag. :P

    ReplyDelete