Monday, February 8, 2010

Warming up...again.

It has been fairly cold over here in the land of sand. Supposedly the temperature dropped down to near the 20's somewhere in Iraq during the night. I was walking around in civilian clothing wearing pants, and t-shirt, and a warm sweatshirt and still found myself crouching and shivering in the cold wind at night. Today the wind stopped, the air is a bit crisp, and the sun is doing the job of warming up the ground. It reminded me of walking on the gravel roads during the transition between winter and spring. Where the sun would be melting the snow and you can smell the moisture in the air. Beautiful. I know it will be chilly when I return but soon after it will be one of my favorite seasons of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Do you miss the snow? I could mail you some. Or maybe some fun. I could express mail you a big box of that. Or maybe some time? That stuff is fun to mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss the snow. It is funny how much a full experience of the seasons can mean to someone once they miss one or two.

    ReplyDelete