Friday, February 12, 2010

Weight and Mischief

So recently I found out that I weighed only 143 pounds when I first got in and was the same height that I am now. I now weigh 165-ish and can only think about how unhealthy that must have been. Granted, I think I gained some soft spots but I also have gained more muscle. I know I ate a lot and am surprised that I had a six pack without having to try very hard. When I return home I am going to see if I can't rid myself of some of these round edges. I really wouldn't mind going back to that personal trainer at MeritCare. It was a pretty decent gym. However, I may have to change that if I go back to school since I will have access to the NDSU wellness center and pay for my gym membership through student fees.

Now for the mischief...
I started to get pretty tired of my one roommate that likes to have loud video conversations with his girlfriend at six in the morning. He wakes everyone up and then complains when people wake him up for duties during the day when everyone else is awake. I have mentioned it before to him about being quiet since people are sleeping but he didn't seem to take it into consideration. Tonight was the last straw. Around six I hear him start the conversation but then he actually walks outside. I thought he actually was starting to think about the other people in the room. Soon, he returns back to the room with the video still going and sits down with the lights on to continue talking. Apparently, he left the room because they were talking about private stuff and didn't want anyone hearing. Well, I have this management program on my computer. I was the "IT" guy in our last room. Basically I had control over the internet access. Sadly, in this room I don't have as much power without the admin password since...I am not the admin. However, I can still disrupt the signal remotely with what I do have. So I started to disrupt the signal and make Skype drop the call. I would wait for a while and let him call her back. Once he called he back and they both put a sentence in, I would disrupt the signal again. I did this for a while until he finally gave up trying to call her and she went to go work out with her roommate. So, now everyone else can sleep and even he decided to lie down for a nap. The internet here is known for being unreliable so he blamed it on a crappy signal from the source. He has no idea it was me and he will not find out. I think I may have to do this every morning that he wakes us up until he realizes that he shouldn't be messing with people's sleep since we do have designated times when we are suppose to be sleeping(2am-10am).

1 comment:

  1. If you talk to the admin, you could actually block all internet access to his computer from 6AM to whenever... but that would be evil. ;)

    ReplyDelete