I feel like this is something I should be counting down. Within a few weeks I will be leaving the ranks of active guard duty and entering a new phase in my military occupation. Starting mid-August I will enter a national list of soldiers biding their time with their fingers crossed. For 9 months I can be attached to any unit that needs a body. Luckily, much to my semi-regret, I chose an MOS that was more brawn than brain and as such makes it much less likely that I will be pulled from the list for a deployment. They say that people around 8 months are safe so I feel fairly comfortable having 9.
Also upcoming, I will soon be returning to school. For those that haven't heard yet, I am starting the 5-year program of Architecture. It was something I enjoyed being part of when I assisted an ex-girlfriend. She wouldn't let me try it out back then since she wanted me to do "my own thing" but now I am finally able to push forward with it and am pretty excited. This first year is a sort of test year and it will decide if I am to actually be accepted into the program. The place I work for currently is great with students. They are letting me drop down to Part-time during school which will really help. It will definitely assist in helping balance school, home, and work. There are days I wonder what it would be like to have a regular job again where I work during the beginning portion of the day and actually have my nights off. I miss enjoying nights but during school I will have that opportunity once my homework is complete.
Funny Fact: I look up to Brad Pitt for his success in both architecture and acting. Someday it would be great to reach that level of success. Aim for the stars!
Yay for nearly being done! Here's hoping they are very boring and don't need any help.
ReplyDeleteWhen is your start date for school?
August 23rd is the start date. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, that's not that far away! And it's right after the red eye.
ReplyDelete