This weekend we had our Siegert family Christmas and gift exchange in Fargo. I received a group gift of $90 to use at Best Buy. Normally I would just run over and buy the next top game but honestly I have been holding back on my game and down-loadable content buying. There are a couple ideas I have had but I am find myself in no big hurry. There are other things I am focusing on right now that seem to overshadow gaming. Anyways, for the reader(s), what are your ideas on a possible purchase at Best Buy?
Three weeks left in the workout program and I will be missing most of this week due to going home for Christmas break. I will most likely be spending much of the time with Katrina's side but will also be visiting my grandparents since it has been way too long.
After suggesting a YouTube partnership to a friend, I myself have been considering the option. At first I had just the notion that someday I would like to try it but had no solid idea of what I would do. This morning after I noticed that someone commented on my reading video I had an idea. Maybe I could read books for YouTube. Granted my reading/speaking skills are going to need to improve from the current video as well are my video editing skills. Also, I am not sure where that would fall into the copyrighted material/original idea since I would be reading someone other person's work. Also, I am going to need to find/buy enough shorter books to read in order to post one or two videos a week. All in all this may take a bit of planning and working before I can turn this into a success. Especially since before I can even apply for a partnership I need to have enough subscribers. It can be done and is quite possible. It also will definitely be useful in increasing my speaking, reading, and even my writing abilities...even if they are short children books. Also, when I say short I mean about 10 minutes at least but no more than 30 minutes. I can do 2-part videos but wouldn't really go for any more than that to try to keep the interest of the viewers.
Stuff at Best Buy? For $90? I'd pick up a nice new external hard drive. :D
ReplyDeleteYouTube partnership would be nice, but we don't qualify by a long shot. We would need thousands of views before we could even submit an application. We have like 50 listeners. :(
On the copyright front, you'd get owned. Reading aloud, recording, and posting to YouTube probably counts as a public performance, which is a no-no in copyright land. This article is about a Kindle thing, but it covers a lot of the relevant stuff:
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/02/does-authors-guild-want-sue-you-reading-aloud-your
Now, if you throw in some commentary, then you're golden. You'll have created a derivative work that is totally yours. It sounds like a fun idea. I'd watch it!
And for editing, grab Katrina's Mac and hit iMovie. Super simple!