I saw a most beautiful sight that has long since accompanied my view. As I drove back home from an errand the sun broke through the clouds in its final setting above the horizon. Dark rain clouds sprinkled droplets from above me. As I made my way around the corner to my parking spot I saw the edge of something wonderful in the process of creation. Soon a full arching rainbow spread across the sky opposite the setting sun. It was a little light near the top but the ends were vibrant. I quickly parked my vehicle and ran inside to alert Katrina. I more or less pulled her out the door and into the parking (this was the position with the best view of the sky). For minutes I stood there breathing in the rain and absorbing the view with my love's warmth cuddled into my arms. At that moment the world was perfect. As the rainbow faded we directed our attention to the blazing sky behind us.
It has been way too long since I had last seen a rainbow. They simply did not have them in Iraq and for some reason I do not remember any from last year...even from that first spring that I was back home. I will keep this new moment in my heart for many years and use it when I need it the most. Thank you God.
P.S. Roy's Halo...get it? Roy G. Biv? Tee hee hee
*facepalm*
ReplyDelete