Saturday, July 7, 2012

Over-achievement?

I am not not sure if this counts as over-achievement but I have a good feeling it is.  While working on a comic strip related to the Greg and Ace cartoon series that I am working on, I decided that it would be a great idea to make a 3D model of their apartment...for congruity's sake of course.  It is really starting to look pretty good.  I basically had the one cartoon that is started and the comic strip that is also started to give a lead to what their apartment looks like.  I just basically mashed the two ideas together and matched up where furniture was in one in accordance to the other and came up with a basic floor plan. 

Now all viewpoints from inside the apartment...or outside *wink wink* while always have the correct view of the apartment furnishings, walls, etc.  I don't know if I am pleased with myself yet.  I like that all my "skills" lead to each other but it can seem like a lot of extra work.  I also started using myself as a model for Ace.  Not sure yet who I want to model Greg after...but I have a couple ideas.  I like the idea of using real people as models for this series.  Definitely helps compensate for my current low-level drawing skills.

2 comments:

  1. Could you use Jim Varney as a model? That guy should be in everything.

    Everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could possibly put him somewhere in the living room of Greg and Ace's Apartment. That way when the shot is from certain angles then he would appear in the sketch.

    ReplyDelete