Monday, February 18, 2013

Blogging...etc.

You know, looking through my past posts on this blog I quickly realize how happy I am that a select few actually read these.  More often than not, the words that end up spilling onto this blog make me look either insane or like a not very good person.  A friend of mine just started a blog since she is about to head out for an exchange program in Greece.  Her first blog post was so funny and witty that I couldn't help but smile.  Maybe where I go wrong is by being so introspective and so open-heartedly honest.  This post is another one of those...

I do have an actual physical journal where most people put this kind of stuff but the stuff I put there is even deeper and would make me seem even crazier.  What I post here is rather mild in comparison.  However, such introspective blog posts don't compel the reader to continue to read.  I don't lace these things with enough word-induced visuals or witty commentary.  My blog posts are rather plain and boring.  I've thought about it...and I don't really think it is something I can change simply by digging into my creative writing casket that sits beneath mounds of experiences from other areas of my life.  I need to change me.  I need to revive myself before I can attempt to breath any life into this lifeless block of text.  For what is writing but a reflection of one's self, one's inner-core?

In other news:
Making progress on my random side animation project.  Going for the real deal this time.  No long days and late nights to try to pump one out in a couple days.  I am working step by step and am now in the storyboard phase.  Loving the pencil to paper beginning steps I am taking with this project.  It may turn out half-decent.

1 comment:

  1. Witty and clever is only really necessary if you want to get an audience. If you're just in it to share thoughts with people you know, then introspective is a totally fine blog approach. I know I enjoy it. :D

    ReplyDelete