Sunday, January 17, 2010

Retrograded

So anyone that reads this knows about my plans to return to a more simple way of life by going back on tech a little bit. Limiting my Facebook, writing more letters, only carrying around a Tracphone for emergencies, etc. I felt that we are separating ourselves from each other too much and society is suffering from a lack of actual person to person contact. Well, the reason for this posting is that I just recently watched a movie, Surrogate, that pretty much stated the same fact. It was stated in a more extreme fashion but I can see the future going in that direction if we get carried away. Once I am settled in back home I am going to see about gathering addresses of those interested in the lost art of letter writing. I think I will keep internet access and use tech but I will use what I see as beneficial and not hindering to social interactions. Take Facebook for example, yeah you can set the argument that the social networking website helps you keep contact with many more people that normal but after a while you will find yourself talking to them less and just hoping over to their page just to see new pictures or what else is going on their life without actually talking to them through a real conversation. Real conversations are becoming rare with the overuse of texting and instant messaging. I myself was beginning to find it difficult to sustain a decent conversation without having to distract myself with something else. We will see how it all pans out. I feel pretty positive about the outcome.

2 comments:

  1. Intriguing it is. Want to try it with me, if only for a year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck no. I'd die without my daily radiation stream! xD

    ReplyDelete