Well, sort of. The city auction was a flop. Out of the five vehicles I was interested in only one wasn't wrecked. The one that was in great condition was an old K-9 vehicle and even still had the dog kennel in the back. It had only 109,000 miles on it and it was a 1999. Average for '99 is 132,000. The one thing against it...not 4-wheel drive vehicle. We decided to leave since there was nothing left that either grandpa or I wanted to go for. The trip wasn't a complete failure. I was able to spend quality time with my grandfather and just talk. It was pretty fun. We even compared our military experiences before and after.
From there timing was all pretty much perfect. Grandpa arrived home in time to take Grandma to her hair appointment, I made it back in time to finish up an auction, and now will even be able to make Katrina's performance.
Oh, what? I mentioned another auction? Oh, yeah, that ol' thing. Well in the background I had a sort of plan b in progress just in case I didn't fancy what was found at the city auction. My family found this blazer for me on a online auction site that stores their stuff within driving distance. So, the auction finished at 6:00pm and I made it back to the apartment by 5:30pm. I saw there was a battle that happened yesterday (including my bidding number) and that there was only one bidder today. So I decided to hold my breath until 4 minutes to and then swoop in for the kill. Well it wasn't that graceful. I tried to swoop but "bam!" he had a hidden maximum bid. Now my breath holding seemed to be in vain since he was still in the lead and there was less than a minute left. He also sat firmly on my maximum bid that Kat and I discussed earlier. With only a few seconds to spare I quickly texted Katrina asking if we could go a little more and she said 2150 would be fine. I typed it in so fast I thought I was outbid again and in despair I sent a text saying that I think he set his max at 2300. Well...I was wrong! Woot! I won the Blazer at 2150 at the last second. Now I can call tomorrow morning to see if the invoice is ready so I can pick it up. Otherwise, I will have to wait until after Taxes are done on Monday.
Now to sell the two Buick Park Avenues and to see if we can transfer part of the tan buick's coverage over to the blazer. There is much to do. Until all is done I think we will be driving our current cars. The one thing I am not looking forward to is registration fees. *blek*
YAY! Congrats on the new vehiclularness!
ReplyDelete