Thursday, July 15, 2010

Massive Update

Goodness, I have just been putting this whole blog thing off for a while but I figured I better get to it with it being Thursday and all.

Sad news, Dutch passed away the other day. My parents said that it looked like a woodchuck out maneuvered him. Dutch was 15 years old and just didn't have the reflexes he used to. Even so both Dutch and Bear protected the farm from apparent dangers. Bunnies and cats no longer made their list of dangers to the family. He was found dead by my grandpa while my parents were out camping. Dad says that if he would have been home he would have been out there with a shotgun and the whole situation could have possible been avoided. Dutch was a good dog and even in his old age and breathing problems still acted like a pup. He now joins his family on the other side.

We also now have brought back Iris. Ma was sad to see her go. They do sure grow on you after a while. Iris is still adjusting to the apartment but if we are up super late she comes out of hiding and begs us to play with her. I think I was up until 4am last night so I was able to hang out with her quite a bit.

Last week I finally received my title for my motorcycle in the mail so I was able to go ahead and change states. With the new plates on, I have been making good use of this wonderful weather. Kat and I even went for a little motorcycle ride last night and stopped by Kroll's for a couple cups of hot chocolate. She definitely would like a helmet that has a visor though. She was using a fairly old helmet I grabbed from home that has the old snap on visor...only it was missing the visor. Maybe this weekend we can check out what is out there. Someone told me that my style helmet was fairly cheap right now.

The 60 day was much better than the 30 day. Not only did it help by going their with a better attitude about the whole thing but they also provided better classes from what I saw in the ones we took. With my better attitude I was able to talk with and joke around with the other soldiers instead of Kat and I doing our best to keep to ourselves. We also used the GPS to take us there and back. We made it into quite an adventure by making it recalculate quite often by deciding not to take turns when it wanted us to. It was a wonderful trip.

Work is turning into quite a roller coaster ride. The mood of the day shift and management has slowly been changing since my return. They seem to be drifting away from their team idea and working more towards individuals and setting up systems that will make it easy to pick someone out and fire them. We have a meeting tonight but more and more I am feeling like I should be looking for something better suited for my schooling although the hospitals health care is fairly decent. Although, I think I am eligible for government health care now because of the whole 30% disability thing. I guess I need to sit down with my case manager and go through a few things. Who knows, maybe they know some jobs out there in the building business.

School is also fast approaching and both Kat and I need to turn in verification of our taxes for the FAFSA. Kat has had to verify every year, but this is my first time. Tonight I need to make copies of our taxes at work so we can send those out. I also need to jump on the FTA and STR so I can have that financial help for school. All and all I am pretty excited to start the courses and although it won't be super in-depth right away I am glad to be returning to the pursuit of scholastic knowledge.

That is is for this update I guess...I am sure there are quite a few things I missed but I will do my best to stay on top of it in the future. :)

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! I don't even know where to start!

    I'm sorry about Dutch. I know how close you were to both of them.

    Silly work. Silly, silly work.

    Yay for having not-so-bad of a time! Yay for GPS!

    Ummm, yay for other good stuff and boo for bad stuff.

    ReplyDelete