Friday, September 17, 2010

Bus Riding etc.

Last night I was able to enjoy my first (in quite a few years) MAT bus experience. I had a meeting downtown so, instead of driving, I just left my blazer in the parking lot and hopped the last quick bus to the downtown campus. The ride there was painless once the driver finally made it back to the bus. I attended the meeting and was able to meet with my mentor afterward. I was on my way out just after 9pm. I was hoping to hop a bus back but no bus was in sight. Finally, I spotted bus route 13 coming close, which was the bus that went to NDSU, so I hopped on. We made it to GTC and the bus driver informed me that he also does a different route during the night but I was free to stay on until he went back to route 13. I had no issues with that. So I rode around Fargo and found a sign on the bus that said no "joy" riding (meaning you are not suppose to ride a full route without exciting before the final stop). I found that interesting since as a paying customer you would think that you would be able to. Although, I suppose that if you did ride all the way around you would normally get off somewhere and then get back on later. That would mean you would pay the ride fee twice for one route. Anyways, back to the story, so we started route 13 and it also started to rain. By the time we reached 12th Ave N it was full out pouring. I decided, "Shoot, might as well get off and enjoy a 4 block walk to my vehicle." It was fairly nice. I made it back to the blazer around 10:11pm. Quite a decent length ride.

In other news, I really dislike the phrase "They don't pay me enough to care." Really what they are saying is that they don't care about their job. I heard an IT Help Desk guy say that to an NDSU student and I wanted so much to confront him on his words. Not to be specific of who he is...but his name is Stanely K. I wanted to look up more about this careless "helper" but NDSU's phone book requires at least 2 letters for a last name in order to search and I couldn't find him by guessing letters either. Honestly, when a person reaches that phrase they are better off just quitting and letting someone that would appreciate their job take his place. Otherwise they are doing more damage to the reputation and reliability of the overall department. People like that are a virus that just spread negative energy.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah bus rides! I wonder how much gas you could save doing that ALL the time...

    Boo stupid people that don't take any pride in their work. I find it especially irritating it was an IT Help Desk guy. Just... BOO!

    ReplyDelete