Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dreams

I have officially been in uniform too long. Last night I had at least two dreams where I was in full ACU attire with everything I currently have in my pockets. One dream was actually pretty neat. Before I went to bed I had to go to the bathroom but didn't want to put my shoes back on and walk all the way over to the latrines in the cold. So, I just fell asleep. The last dream of the night before I woke was of me walking around looking for a bathroom. I walked into this hospital looking place. I don't remember the clinical names on each area anymore but I was pretty much able to walk around freely. I walked into this one area and there were doctors helping what seemed to be special needs kids. One kid was in kind of a corner booth being instructed how to play a violin. One kid was being guided through a computer based music program where he had two screens and was either currently just watching the notes go by (the notes were on a scale system like sheet music and the notes were blue lines, longer lines meant longer notes, and would turned red when played) or was actually clicking and programing the music. There was a room just to the right of the computers that had more people making music. The thing of it was that everyone was playing the same thing and were all in sync as if playing together in a band. Well, there was no bathroom there so I headed back out to the lobby. Just before the lobby there were exam chairs with people in them being checked out. It was sort of like a little open-spaced dental clinic. I walked up to a railing that separated the large open lobby (it was almost as if this operation moved into a space that was too big for them and they never bothered to fill the space). Apparently I was right next to one of the doctors because I heard kind of disappointed sigh and I look over to see the doctor looking at a muddy spot my boot left. He didn't say anything to me but a nurse came over quickly and wiped it up. At that point I noticed he had little white cloth covers around his shoes as to try to keep the area clean. I moved out into the empty lobby area and looked down a loooong hall. I decided there was no bathroom down there. Then right by the main desk I noticed your average exam room with the door open. I could see a bathroom there but didn't think it right to go in and use the exam room's bathroom. So, I left the hospital/clinic place and woke up...then went to the bathroom. The odd thing about it is that through all of this no one stopped me as if I had full access. No one talked to me as if I intimidated them or they did not like my presence. I have noticed that here though too...we have access other don't and no one really question us to much. I wonder if this will effect me back home.

2 comments: