Friday, March 12, 2010

Haggle

Well, I conducted my first haggle finally. I was a bit too nice about I think and could have gone much lower. In the end we both had a smile on our face so I think it was an ok first haggling.

It went like this:
"Hey, if I were to buy both of these could I get a package deal? Maybe something like 10 dollars off. That would make it 80."
"No sir, set price. 90 for the two."
"Really, you won't go down to 80? 10 dollars off?
"Hmmmm, ok how about 86?"
"Ehhh, no, 80?"
"84"
"Hmmm, how about 80?"
"Ok sir, you got me. 80 it is."

All and all I think he still made a large profit but I was ok with it. I should have really worked it better and started lower at first to meet him in the middle. Maybe I will return to that store again before I leave and try another "dance of the salesman."

1 comment:

  1. "Dance of the salesman" invokes some odd imagery for me. Good work sir, good work.

    ReplyDelete