Like Katrina says, I must jut be psyching myself out. I went to work today and instead of going with the whole "Nope, can't do it" attitude I just worked with my boss and we did it. Then for most of my shift I worked on returns. My boss suggested that I really consider applying for the Lead position and told me that they would be more than willing to work with me during the school year. He even mentioned that if I think it may become too busy that I could even go for the Charge position which basically handles the Lead position when the Lead is out. After speaking with the Head boss today, I am almost thinking about it. It seems like they are really willing to work with me and with the military coming to an end this is actually the first manager-type role that I won't have to turn down because of drills and extended leave for military reasons.
In other news, my mind is already entering the architecture phase even though no real class has been taken. Last night I had a dream of what I referred to as "Zen Building" and was speaking with someone about the basic principle in my dream. Only I was using a captured spider being released into an already spider infested to show the main thought behind it. (Yes, it was an actual spider that I captured and released in a web covered stairway. I came out with a few baby spiders crawling around my shoulder)I went back and checked out Zen Architecture which, albeit, has a minor change from the idea I was going through but it still keeps the overall concept. Must have been a great dream though because I slept in fairly late.
There ya go, positive attitude! WHOOOO!!!
ReplyDeleteI almost typed "WOOOG" for some reason...