Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

A lot is already happening this year but first let us back track a bit to last year.

There was something I wanted to post first but the idea left me...boo...so on to the next idea!

Wednesday or so I received a text message from a couple people looking for a place to sleep. It was cool since we actually had the apartment half decent. They ended up being snowed in because of the storm so we were able to celebrate New Years with at least one of them. The other walked over a mile to celebrate with some friends. The only sad part is that I worked pretty much everyday they were here so I didn't get to hang out with them as much as I would have liked to. They were nice enough to leave a half-bottle of rum though which I will take with me when I go play poker with Justin tonight if he finishes work early enough.

We upgraded our ordering program at work so that made for an interesting weekend. We are all operating on individual handhelds now instead of pen and paper. There were (and my guess is still are) some issues with the whole switch over but all in all I was able to pick carts like normal and send them out. I was a little uncomfortable sending the buckets with no paperwork but, eh, I guess with tech comes a little bit of trust.

Last night I came home to find a car parked in my spot. Now I am not sure why people still park in my spot seeing as not only do I park there every night but there are also plenty of open spots next to me. Maybe it is part of my slight OCD thing with perfectionism but I even though the snow covers the lines for the parking spots I still know exactly where my spot is and it really bothers me when people park there. So, instead of smashing their window, we went to WalMart and bought a window marker. I wanted a red one but they only had white. I parked in the free parking area so I wouldn't be parking in another person's spot and then went to their car and drew a large X on the driver window. I think I am going to do that for every car that decides to park there from now on. Eventually, either my vehicle will receive some retaliation or people will stop parking in my spot.

Now I am going to bundle up and shovel out my Park Avenue so it doesn't look like an abandoned vehicle and end up being towed. Maybe I should just push that car over to the reserved spot. Then no one will be able to park there. That sounds like a lot of work though.

Later today I will have my face and head trimmed. My hair seems to have come to a halt since I have not cut it since the Voorhees wedding. A good trim will maybe kick it back into gear. Kat and I are actually making it into a sort of date.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe a little explanation would be in order so they know why they got the X?

    Get Justin to help move that boat, he's a beefy fellow! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That he is. If it comes down to it I just might.

    ReplyDelete