Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lengthy Update

It has been a while so I am going to try to post a few things that have been happening.

We are still in the moving-in process. Currently boxes, totes, and half-organized piles are strewn about the apartment. Thanks to some help from Justin Will, we now at least have all of our furniture inside. Thanks to U-Haul, we also have an empty storage unit. It looks like the biggest project to come is deciding what to get rid of.

Speaking of harboring, I gave myself a week to build something with the random scraps I have out in the garage. If I didn't complete something in a week I promised Katrina that I would throw it out. The main issue I am running into is tool sets being incomplete. I have an electric drill that is missing its battery and charging base. I also have a jigsaw that is missing the pack of blades. I know I saw the blades in a box somewhere...now just need to find them.

I found myself in a funk the other day after eating at a filthy Dairy Queen that had a crew of workers that kept screwing up and after browsing through stores that were disorganized and just plain messy. I was getting the feeling that all the people working were just there for the money and didn't actually care about the job. That showed in the respective work areas and general cleanliness. To get out of the funk we went out to eat at Chili's. It was surprisingly relaxing. As we walked up to Chili's the seater even opened the door for us. It was a nice atmosphere and everything was clean. The only thing I felt missing was the ability to hail your waiter instead of waiting for them to come by. That was one nice thing about Japanese restaurants. When you wanted the waiter you would just put your hand up and say "Sumimasen" to which you would here the reply "Hai" and would promptly be greeted by a waiter.

Today, I need to meet with a bunch of people and drive around a bit. Speaking of which...if any of you know of a nice car around $2000 we are looking to replace the demon car that Katrina drives. The horn finally decided to have one more fit and would not stop like it has in the past. Thankfully, a neighbor had their brother over working on a car so he came over and helped us unplug the horns. The time had come to sell my two Buick Park Avenues and buy something decent for Katrina.

1 comment:

  1. Noooooooooo! Those things are classics.

    If you want to borrow some tools, I might be able to help.

    ReplyDelete