Monday, March 7, 2011
18.3 Gallons
Today I found out exactly how much usable gas my Blazer can hold. My gas gauge does not work below half a tank so once it reaches that point it is sort of a gamble. The longer you wait to fill means the higher risk you are taking of running out of gas on the road. Tonight I was on my way to buy bread for what I was making for supper and was also planning on filling gas at the grocery store. Two blocks away from the turn towards the store my gas runs out. I muscle my way at the steering wheel, since quite a few things depend on having gas....including power steering, and turn from the far left lane to the far right lane as to catch the turn to the gas station that just so happened to find itself in the right location. I make it around the turn but lose my momentum as soon as I hit the ramp to the lot. I turn the wheel s much as I could and tried to push it by myself. Of course, the wheel started to straighten itself out and I had to stop pushing even though I was making good progress. Thankfully, a few guys came out from the car wash and helped me push it up to a gas pump. I filled 18.3 gallons of gas into the tank and will not even mention how much it cost since the price of gas is getting insanely high. I do not know if fuel prices effect the "cost of living" which in turn effects wages but if not it definitely should. That is especially true for somewhere with the climate as such as we have here. All in all, I would say it was a pretty fun adventure and I am glad that there are so many helpful people in this area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Talk about living on the edge! Keeping a Mountain Dew bottle of gas in there might not be a terrible idea! Unless gas eat that kind of plastic... then it would be a terrible idea.
ReplyDeleteWhen will Katrina hear back on the JET Program?
She will hear back sometime in April...probably around her birthday or something weird like that.
ReplyDelete